Can I run Subcommittees in my portal?¶
You can either setup a new portal for a subcommittee or adjust your current portal to run your board and subcommittees.
Which option you choose will depend on your organisation's specific situation.
Subcommittees in Current Portal¶
- Keeps everything together
- One portal to manage
- No extra costs or subscription fees
- You may need to be more careful with your portal's permissioning, specifically when assigning Member Roles and also when specifying access to folders in Documents.
- One issue for some organisations is that different people administer the board and the subcommittees. This is typically an issue that occurs when a subcommittee admin needs to perform admin actions on the portal, but should be have access to any board specific data. In this case you may need to use a seperate portal.
For details on configuring your portal for multiple committees please click here.
Subcommittee in new portal¶
- Complete separation of data
- Can restrict those assigned the Admin Role to one portal (eg Subcommittee portal) and not have access to another (Board's portal).
- Costs more as you will need to a second subscription (we do offer discounts for additional subscriptions paid by one organisation, please contact our team for details).
Updated: 17 July 2020